Understanding the gap between a technology stack and a business solution is the key to achieving a successful business solution.
The “technology stack” development journey is usually costly, has a long lead time from when you start until completion, and it comes with a big risk, where in many cases you don’t get what you want. A few important questions to ask before embarking on buying a business solution are:
- Do you have to develop or customize? Or is it supported “out of the box”?
- Every business solution is built on a business framework – how well is this supported?
- People expect easy navigation and content-rich solution pages where users can interact. How well is this supported?
- If you want to act and fix a business problem, does the solution support activities and initiatives. Can you assign responsibility?
- An often overlooked reality is that some of the information you need is not available in any database. You need functionality for manual data collection. How easily can you capture it?
- Sometimes, rather than logging in and exploring my content, do you want the information to find you? Can you specify rules in the system to receive notifications, reminders, and alerts of important issues?
- What about access control, workflow, collaboration, approval processes, and document generation? How is this supported?
The video will elaborate on how to make a good decision based on the above questions while evaluating business solutions.
Click here to learn about Corporater flexible configuration options and how Corporater fills the gap by enabling you to configure your business solutions according to your specific needs.