Do you need software ? Can you trust a management consultant’s advice?
Most companies with a Performance Management (PM) initiative ask themselves the questions if and when they need software to support their PM initiative.
I offer this advice:
Start early with software involvement if:
- it can help you document your PM initiative as you develop your PM model
- you need a dynamic documentation system that allows people to use the software to specify the PM model
- you have a big model and you need to structure and communicate with everyone involved
- the software supports the implementation of your PM model (ease of use, it supports your processes)
- the software itself gets more focus than the actual PM model
- if the software project becomes a big, multi-million dollar data warehouse project
- if you do not have time or resources